Suggestion - link to documentation directly from main page

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Suggestion - link to documentation directly from main page
Date: 2018-04-18 19:48:12
Lists: pgsql-www

I'd suggest that in the "Latest Releases" section that next to the existing
"Notes" link we add a "Documentation" (or "Docs") link that takes one to
the Table of Contents page for the version.

I personally have a desire for 1 bookmark to the PostgreSQL site, which
takes me to the homepage, and then ideally single-click to get to the
documentation.

Making our above-the-fold content a bit shorter to get the latest releases
section back into the no-need-to-scroll area would be nice too. For me the
site is more functional that marketing - which the old design catered
better than this one does.

David J.

P.S. Repeating the current version numbers twice in the latest releases
seems unhelpfully redundant.