Re: BUG #16572: pgadmin change column order

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #16572: pgadmin change column order
Date: 2020-08-04 15:08:20
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 7:36 AM PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
wrote:

> Bug reference: 16572
> Logged by: Zsolt Naményi
> Email address: namenyi(dot)zsolt(at)gmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 12.2
> Operating system: Windows
>
> Dear Developers,
>
> I would like to talk about a missing function. As I see, changing the order
> of the columns is a very important behaviour in any database manager
> system.
> Unfortunately, in pgAdmin4, there is not possible. Is it possible to modify
> the column order in the near future? It would be great! I know there is a
> solution for this operation, for instance: create view (or something
> else...), but I think It is too complicated.
>
> I am waiting for your response, please feedback as soon as possible! It is
> important, because our developer team consider which database manager would
> be the best for our project.

This is an inappropriate list for this topic - specifically, it's not a bug
report. As you seem to be talking about the column order of a table this
isn't the fault of pgAdmin4 - it just displays whatever column order the
underlying table/query is defined with. There are no immediate plans in
PostgreSQL to rearrange column order of tables.

David J.