Re: FW: SQL rolling window without aggregation

From: David Johnston <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Huang, Suya" <Suya(dot)Huang(at)au(dot)experian(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: FW: SQL rolling window without aggregation
Date: 2014-12-09 05:47:46
Lists: pgsql-general

On Monday, December 8, 2014, Huang, Suya <Suya(dot)Huang(at)au(dot)experian(dot)com> wrote:

> [...]
Instead of avoiding things get something that works then ask whether there
is a better way to do things. At least that way you can provide a working
query that others can look at and know exactly what you need.

In this case you have a single table and want the result to have more rows
than the input - I'm not sure how anything but a union will accomplish that
goal. You have to generate those rows somehow. There may be better ways
of looking at your problem but you only gave us a toy model to play with.

David J.