Re: Duplicate comment on a table

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "ldh(at)laurent-hasson(dot)com" <ldh(at)laurent-hasson(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Duplicate comment on a table
Date: 2021-09-08 22:23:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wednesday, September 8, 2021, ldh(at)laurent-hasson(dot)com <
ldh(at)laurent-hasson(dot)com> wrote:

> So, there are TWO records in the table pg_catalog.pg_description for a
> given table. I have no idea how this might have occurred and I know it
> “survives” a backup/restore. I am not sure how to fix this. It was
> suggested I vacuum full the table and reset the comment, but that didn’t
> work:

As Andrew just pointed out on the original JDBC thread OIDs are not global
and the driver query doesn’t properly take that into account. The
duplication seen here is actually two different objects with the same OID
each having a single comment.

David J.