Re: Unexpected result from ALTER FUNCTION— looks like a bug

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bryn Llewellyn <bryn(at)yugabyte(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane PostgreSQL <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general list <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Unexpected result from ALTER FUNCTION— looks like a bug
Date: 2022-04-20 17:54:59
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Apr 20, 2022 at 10:45 AM Bryn Llewellyn <bryn(at)yugabyte(dot)com> wrote:

> > tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us wrote:
> >

> > In any case, Bryn's right, the combination of a SET clause and a
> PARALLEL clause is implemented incorrectly in AlterFunction.
>
> I'm taking what I've read in the responses to mean that the testcase I
> showed is considered to be evidence of a bug (i.e. there are no semantic
> restrictions) and that fix(es) are under consideration.

The test case was good. I made an uninformed assumption that proved to be
untrue.

The patch was written and applied yesterday, at Tom's "Yeah, I arrived at
the same fix." email.

https://github.com/postgres/postgres/commit/344a225cb9d42f20df063e4d0e0d4559c5de7910

(I haven't figured out what the official way to reference a commit is, I
use the GitHub clone for research so there ya go).

David J.