Re: Rolls

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andrew Bartley <ambartley(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Rolls
Date: 2018-02-01 21:43:50
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thursday, February 1, 2018, Andrew Bartley <ambartley(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to work out a way to create a roll/user that can only execute
> one particular function and nothing else. The particular function has been
> created with "SECURITY DEFINER".

Never tried it but "REVOKE PUBLIC FROM role" then "GRANT ... TO role" would
ideally work.

Not simple since every role is a member of PUBLIC from which they all
inherit useful defaults. You can remove those defaults and the already
granted privileges from PUBLIC and then add them back to some super-role
group that everyone but this user belongs too. Then only add the one grant
you desire to this user.

David J.