Re: Filter logging by table

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Yves Lavoie, GaYLi" <ylavoie(at)yveslavoie(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Filter logging by table
Date: 2016-11-25 21:42:37
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 11:19 AM, Yves Lavoie, GaYLi <ylavoie(at)yveslavoie(dot)com
> wrote:

> Hi PG Gurus,
>
> I need to filter out logging for some tables. We have an application
> which often query for a settings table and for pg_proc. This pollutes
> postgresql.log with numerous useless queries and we are looking for a
> way to skip logging entirely for those. Any suggestion?

​Don't know for sure if this will work but I'd probably wrap the relevant
query in a function and add "SET log_statements = none" at the top. You'll
need to make the function "security definer" and make it owned by a
superuser.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/runtime-config-logging.html#GUC-LOG-STATEMENT

David J.