Re: PostgreSQL DB checkpoint error!

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ashok kumar Mani <amani(at)accelaero(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL DB checkpoint error!
Date: 2020-04-28 06:26:57
Lists: pgsql-admin

There are no errors in the logs you provided, only “weak warnings”

On Monday, April 27, 2020, Ashok kumar Mani <amani(at)accelaero(dot)com> wrote:

> Database is getting hung every day at 5AM. I found the below message from
> log file , Could you please help me , should I need to increase the
> max_wal_size value ?

Probably not, you should probably look for insertion code that does high
volume via the insert sql command without transactions and/or batching.

> Why it say “incomplete startup packet” in the log.

Because you have a software client beginning but not completing a
connection to the database. Usually its some form of monitoring.

David J.