Re: Upgrade postgresql

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: abbas alizadeh <ramkly(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Upgrade postgresql
Date: 2021-07-06 03:01:22
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Monday, July 5, 2021, abbas alizadeh <ramkly(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi guys
> Do we have any chance to upgrade postgresql v9.2 with postgis 2.0 to
> postgresql v13.3 with postgis 3.0 using pg_upgrade?

I’m gonna say probably not, but you can do your own research if you want to
figure whether you might be able to get away with it.

https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiPostgreSQLPostGIS

My assumption is that you need to upgrade PostGIS independently from
upgrading PostgreSQL - i.e., the PostGIS version should not change during
the upgrade.

David J.