Re: Could Not Connect To Server

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dummy Account <dummyaccount4u(at)mail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Could Not Connect To Server
Date: 2020-04-23 18:26:08
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 11:18 AM Dummy Account <dummyaccount4u(at)mail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Trying to start the server, I navigate too: /Library/PostgreSQL/12/bin
>
> from bin, I ran: sudo -u postgres ./pg_ctl start -D
> /Library/PostgreSQL/12/data
>
> pg_ctl: could not start server

What do the logs say...

When I ran the status command instead of start, it of course eluded to not
> running.
> I mention all of this with the caveat that I did recently restore from a
> backup because I replaced my HDD with a SSD.

You should be very specific as to how you restored your database from
backup because there is a good chance this wasn't done properly and you
presently have a corrupted database on your hard drive.

David J.