BUG #18320: Duplicate primary key records in table

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: vishnu rao <jaihind213(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: BUG #18320: Duplicate primary key records in table
Date: 2024-02-01 08:03:55
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Not a PostgreSQL bug - we didn’t break unique constraints without anyone
noticing during development.

On Wednesday, January 31, 2024, vishnu rao <jaihind213(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> 2. run spark code with mode overwrite. do a select u will see 3 rows.

A internet search leads me to believe overwrite operates by dropping and
recreating the table. Apparently the new one doesn’t have the constraint.

I suggest you enable statement logging on the server and see exactly what
your library is doing behind the scenes on your behalf. At least DDL
related stuff.

David J.