Re: BUG #18527: Imported data using a csv file and made a latest entry into same table using a form. Got an issue!

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: vishnu(dot)vardhann05(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #18527: Imported data using a csv file and made a latest entry into same table using a form. Got an issue!
Date: 2024-07-01 15:39:36
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Mon, Jul 1, 2024 at 8:32 AM PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
wrote:

> Bug reference: 18527
> Logged by: Vishnu Vardhan Vithanala
> Email address: vishnu(dot)vardhann05(at)gmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 16.3
> Operating system: Windows
>
> When I bulk uploaded some data using a csv file, it was all good. There
> were
> 543 rows in order and it went into the table and sat cleanly!

There is no such thing as "in order" when it comes to the contents of a
table.

The rest of what you posted I cannot follow but unless you can distill this
down to a test case whereby you only use psql and server features it is not
going to be recognized as a bug in PostgreSQL.

If you need help writing programs using PostgreSQL the -general mailing
list is where to seek it. Right now it seems you have made incorrect
assumptions and built on top of those. That will require some work on your
end to redesign things to work in a manner consistent with the non-ordering
of tables in PostgreSQL. Usually just adding an order by clause to your
queries solves the issue.

David J.