Re: The option was not described: connection-option

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: konkove(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: The option was not described: connection-option
Date: 2024-09-19 17:47:56
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Thu, Sep 19, 2024 at 10:31 AM PG Doc comments form <
noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/app-pgdump.html
>
> Hi.
>
> The option `connection-option` is mentioned but is not described.
>
> Please describe it.

They are described though the terminology is a bit inconsistent:

<command> also accepts the following command-line arguments for connection
parameters:

The items listed beneath that sentence fragment are the connection-options.

If someone wants to go, IMO, busy-fix all of the pages that use the above
wording to better align with the synopsis I won't argue. But it's low on
my priority list.

David J.