Re: BUG #18611: Postgres service crashes continuously in loop of reinitialization if disk partition is full

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "bhavin(dot)ec50(at)gmail(dot)com" <bhavin(dot)ec50(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #18611: Postgres service crashes continuously in loop of reinitialization if disk partition is full
Date: 2024-09-12 13:20:17
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thursday, September 12, 2024, PG Bug reporting form <
noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> Bug reference: 18611
> Logged by: Bhupendra Patel
> Email address: bhavin(dot)ec50(at)gmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 16.2
> Operating system: Linux
>
> We have observed that Postgres service running in re-initialization loop
> when disk is full.

This isn’t a bug unless there is some documented behavior here that we are
failing to provide. What kind of response and are expecting here? Other
than being told the obvious - solve you lack of disk space issue and the
error will go away. How you go about that is up to you.

David J.