Re: DELETE CASCADE

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Isaac Morland <isaac(dot)morland(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: David Christensen <david(dot)christensen(at)crunchydata(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: DELETE CASCADE
Date: 2021-06-03 23:53:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 3:29 PM Isaac Morland <isaac(dot)morland(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Surely you mean if we don't have DELETE permission on the referencing
> table? I don't see why we need to be a member of the table owner role.

I would reverse the question - why does this feature need to allow the more
broad DELETE permission instead of just limiting it to the table owner? The
latter matches the required permission for the existing cascade feature
that this is extending.

David J.