Re: Poll: are people okay with function/operator table redesign?

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Isaac Morland <isaac(dot)morland(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Poll: are people okay with function/operator table redesign?
Date: 2020-04-13 21:20:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 1:41 PM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> "David G. Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> > Can we lightly background color every other rowgroup (i.e., "greenbar")?
>
> If you know how to do that at all, let alone in a maintainable way (ie
> one where inserting a new function doesn't require touching the entries
> for the ones after), let's see it.

The nth-child({odd|even}) CSS Selector should provide the desired
functionality, at least for HTML, but the structure will need to modified
so that there is some single element that represents a single rowgroup. I
tried (not too hard) to key off of the presence of the "rowspan" attribute
but that does not seem possible.

https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/sel_nth-child.asp

David J.