Re: How to tell which event was fired in Trigger function

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Igal (at) Lucee(dot)org" <igal(at)lucee(dot)org>
Cc: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to tell which event was fired in Trigger function
Date: 2018-07-11 18:02:40
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 10:54 AM, Igal @ Lucee.org <igal(at)lucee(dot)org> wrote:

> On 7/11/2018 10:38 AM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>
>> On 07/11/2018 10:36 AM, Igal @ Lucee.org wrote:
>>
>>> How can I tell inside the trigger function if the event was DELETE or
>>> INSERT/UPDATE?
>>>

>> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/plpgsql-trigger.html
>>

> This looks like it have all of the information that I need. For some
> reason search engines bring up many other pages but not that one.

​For these situations I recommend bookmarking and navigating to the Table
of Contents [1] for the documentation and looking for relevant chapter
titles - in this case the "V. 38 - Triggers" one is right there on the main
page.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/index.html

On a related note, maybe the pl/pgsql link from the Triggers chapter should
link directly to the Triggers section under pl/pgsql instead of the top of
the chapter...

David J.