Re: High-end PG database configuration help

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Gupta, Amar Nath" <angupta(at)corbus(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: High-end PG database configuration help
Date: 2016-07-21 21:21:14
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 4:58 PM, Gupta, Amar Nath <angupta(at)corbus(dot)com>
wrote:

> I would appreciate, if anyone provide me some guidance

​Configuration is not strictly a function of hardware...

Having a working feedback loop is more important that getting the initial
values perfect.​

There are many email threads, blog posts, books, and open source software
tools that can aid in this exercise. I'd suggest searching for some of
those while waiting for people to donate their time here. If you get
impatient while waiting I'd recommend you consider professional services
companies or individuals.

Dave