Re: CLUSTER details

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "ecki(at)zusammenkunft(dot)net" <ecki(at)zusammenkunft(dot)net>, "pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CLUSTER details
Date: 2024-06-07 13:24:25
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Thursday, June 6, 2024, PG Doc comments form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/sql-cluster.html
>
> The cloister command should describe how or deals with free pages (I.e. are
> released) and what it’s lock model is (i.e. that it is (not yet?) an online
> operation. It should probably also mention if it has intermittent
> additional
> disk space requirements (or not).

All of that is already covered on the page. If you think it needs
rewording I suggest you specify exactly what you think would be an
improvement. For my part saying “rewrites the table contents into a new
file” would probably be better than “physically reordered” which I sense
you are misinterpreting as a kind of piecemeal operation when it isn’t.

David J.