Re: BUG #17940: PostgreSQL Installer For Windows Cannot Initialize Cluster When BeyondTrust Installed

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: joel(dot)rabinovitch(at)tecsys(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #17940: PostgreSQL Installer For Windows Cannot Initialize Cluster When BeyondTrust Installed
Date: 2023-05-23 21:46:58
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, May 23, 2023 at 2:24 PM PG Bug reporting form <
noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> Bug reference: 17940
> Logged by: Joel Rabinovitch
> Email address: joel(dot)rabinovitch(at)tecsys(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 13.4
> Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10
>
> Our developers do their work using a local PostgreSQL database server and
> local schemas.
>
> This is typically done by installing the Windows version of the PostgreSQL
> installer from EnterpriseDB. Currently, version 13.4 (64-bit) of the
> installer is being used.

This isn't a PostgreSQL bug. Your original posting of this to the -general
list is the most appropriate place on the official lists to ask for such
help. That said, the core community on these lists does not maintain the
EDB installer and you may wish to use their support channels to get further
assistance.

That all said, I'm not expecting the PostgreSQL side of this to be of much
help. The software installation and usage works just fine in typical
environments. As your special security restricted environment is the
outlier you probably will either need to simply move along with your
workaround or hope that vendor can figure out how to let the installer work
in the manner it is designed to work.

David J.