Re: Redirecting select() output generates error

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Redirecting select() output generates error
Date: 2018-10-29 19:37:21
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 12:30 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
wrote:

> willamette-river-hg-# \out data-summary-by-form.txt
> willamette-river-hg-# select param, site_nbr, sampdate, min(quant),
> max(quant), unit from concentrations group by param, site_nbr, sampdate,
> unit order by param, site_nbr, sampdate, unit;

The "-#" prompt in psql means you are in line continuation mode. The \out
meta-command should be issued while sitting at an initial prompt "=#".

Being in line-continuation mode means you are typing something else above
it that doesn't constitute a full command - and you are still not showing
us what that is. This is the reason I asked for basically a self-contained
example.

David J.