Re: Weird table alignment override in website docs style

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Weird table alignment override in website docs style
Date: 2020-04-14 23:11:39
Lists: pgsql-www

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 3:29 PM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
wrote:

> However, I would be a -1 for doing it by PostgreSQL version, but rather
> have it for "table version" as the table versions change less.

Agreed, but there isn't presently a table version value. We could call
unversioned tables "version 1" and then these become "version 2". Or we
can call them "version 12 (13?)" after the version where they were first
defined/introduced. We wouldn't change them annually.

Using numbers at all implies order which really doesn't apply here so a
noun label seems preferable to a numeric one anyway.

David J.