Re: psql doesn't show tables duplicated in multiple schemas

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: psql doesn't show tables duplicated in multiple schemas
Date: 2021-08-03 05:28:33
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 9:35 PM Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> > Note
> > If \d is used without a pattern argument, it is equivalent to \dtvmsE
> > which will show a list of all visible tables, views, materialized
> ~~~~~~~
> > views, sequences and foreign tables. This is purely a convenience
> > measure.
>
> However, I don't think the "visible" works as expected for ordinary
> users.

I cannot see rewording this to avoid the use of "visible", but if this is a
concern worth addressing I suggest weaving in a link to section 5.9.3

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/ddl-schemas.html#DDL-SCHEMAS-PATH

But I will note that if someone follows such a link the section is not
written all that well to address this usage of "visibility". I didn't look
to see if there is a better place to link to.

David J.