Re: Typo on doc comment form

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Cc: PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Typo on doc comment form
Date: 2016-08-10 19:36:20
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 3:29 PM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <
stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc> wrote:

> On 08/01/2016 03:07 PM, David G. Johnston wrote:
> > https://www.postgresql.org/account/comments/new/9.6/textsearch.html/
> >
> > Would suggest:
> >
> > Filling out out this form will send an email from
> > david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com <mailto:david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com> to the
> > public pgsql-docs mailing list.
> >
> > The whole second sentence seems unhelpful. The following points should
> > be addressed instead.
> >
> > Is the submitting email address copied and, related, would they have to
> > subscribe to pgsql-docs to track the discussion (assuming that people
> > leave the CC: list intact, which not everyone does...)?
>

> I'm a bit confused about what you are suggesting here - the above seems
> to be a mix of a rewording of some of the text on the page and some
> actual questions on behaviour?

The re-wording I suggested left me asking the subsequent couple of
questions. Depending on the answers to them additional text may be
desirable. In any case removing "​
Expect further discussions to happen on this list after the submission is
done.
​" seems worth considering. It does make the text a bit short - but if the
two questions raised are addressed we'd actually come out a bit longer and
considerably ahead in specifics.

David J.