Re: Please add best practice concerning user accounts

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: bram(dot)mertens(at)anubex(dot)com, Pg Docs <pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Please add best practice concerning user accounts
Date: 2020-10-20 16:15:16
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 9:08 AM PG Doc comments form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/postgres-user.html
>
> The page describes the postgres user typically used as superuser for a
> PostgreSQL cluster.
> It would be useful to add information about best practices concerning the
> use of this account (or better to avoid using this account) for DB
> management and application connections.

I'm tending to agree that additional info along those lines is worthwhile
to mention; but your comment seems to indicate that you are interpreting
this user as being defined in the database when in fact it is the operating
system user that is being described.

David J.