Re: BUG #15035: scram-sha-256 blocks all logins

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Meirav Rath <meirav(dot)rath(at)imperva(dot)com>
Cc: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #15035: scram-sha-256 blocks all logins
Date: 2018-01-30 17:23:16
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 9:45 AM, Meirav Rath <meirav(dot)rath(at)imperva(dot)com>
wrote:

> Those big grown-up companies, they use Oracle, or SQL Server, or MySQL.

​Given the number of person-hours expended every year for the past 13 years
(and that's just the 8, 9 and 10 series releases) on improving PostgreSQL​
money is flowing in from somewhere.

I don't know the particulars of the people asking the questions so I take
an approach that works for me - learning. I enjoying learning and in
return when helping people I try to provide learning in addition to
solutions. You got your solution and are welcome to forget that how the
order of entries in pg_hba.conf influences its behavior - I won't be
offended, and likely won't even know unless you ask a similar question
again in the near future.

Oh, and I'm not sure it was intentional, but I enjoyed the irony of the
wording and spelling that you choose to use when making your rant about
grown-up companies.

David J.