Re: Can't find bugs to work on

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Jacob Champion <jacob(dot)champion(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Mohab Yaser <mohabyaserofficial2003(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can't find bugs to work on
Date: 2024-07-12 16:08:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jul 12, 2024 at 8:44 AM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> As this example shows, it's now standard for PG commit log messages
> to include a link to the relevant email thread, so all you need
> is the message-ID of the first message in the thread to search
> the commit log with.

Cross-posting my comment from Hackers Discord:

"""
The specific request here seems fairly doable as something we could offer
as a custom search mode on the mailing list website. For a given time
period show me all messages that began a new message thread where there are
zero replies to the message. Apply to the -bugs list and you have at least
most of what is being asked for. [...]
"""

David J.