Re: Update to docs root pages and navigation

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Update to docs root pages and navigation
Date: 2020-11-24 17:30:59
Lists: pgsql-www

On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 9:29 AM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
wrote:

> On 11/24/20 11:27 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 5:15 PM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
> wrote:

> >> Sure, that works.
> >
> > Thanks, I've pushed this version.
> >
> > For the suggested changes to the frontpage, I suggest the attached.
> >
> > Or should it link directly to the /docs/current/ url?
>
> +1 for just /docs/ -- good for all users.

If it doesn't go directly to /current I don't think including it is
worthwhile - the main navigation gets you to the full page.

All users benefit from reading the current version documentation even if
they are running older versions.

David J.