Re: copy command - something not found

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: susan(dot)hurst(at)brookhurstdata(dot)com
Cc: "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: copy command - something not found
Date: 2020-12-29 20:23:18
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 1:01 PM Susan Hurst <susan(dot)hurst(at)brookhurstdata(dot)com>
wrote:

> Actually, the -c was in an example of a copy command that I found while
> working at my last job. I tried executing the command without the -c and
> got the same results as before, so I suppose I really don't know what it
> means.
>
> Can you enlighten me

Read the fine manual before running stuff that you don't understand.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/app-psql.html

Then, provide a self-contained script that demonstrates the problem because
at this point I am either unable to follow or untrusting of the written
description of the problem.

Or consider using less indirection until you get something that is working
and then add your layers incrementally testing as you go along.

David J.