Re: Reindex concurrently

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: SOzcn <selahattinozcnma(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Holger Jakobs <holger(at)jakobs(dot)com>, "pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Reindex concurrently
Date: 2023-12-13 18:46:04
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Wednesday,

> According to my research, the only way to do this is to write a bash
> script in Linux and insert it with the loop.

Right. It is fundamentally impossible to store something in the database
capable of executing multiple commands and not execute it within a normal
transaction. The maintenance work that cannot be done within a transaction
must be sourced externally and executed in an implicit transaction that
auto-commits after the command finishes.

David J.