Re: Surprising connection issue

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: David Gasa i Castell <dgasacas7(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Surprising connection issue
Date: 2020-07-14 15:35:14
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 8:25 AM David Gasa i Castell <dgasacas7(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> And my surprise went when I see the connection done while there is no user
> granted to connect the database...

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/ddl-priv.html

"""
PostgreSQL grants privileges on some types of objects to PUBLIC by default
when the objects are created. No privileges are granted to PUBLIC by
default on tables, table columns, sequences, foreign data wrappers, foreign
servers, large objects, schemas, or tablespaces. For other types of
objects, the default privileges granted to PUBLIC are as follows:
***CONNECT and TEMPORARY (create temporary tables) privileges for
databases;*** (emphasis mine)
EXECUTE privilege for functions and procedures; and USAGE privilege for
languages and data types (including domains).
"""

David J.