Re: Facing issues with pgsql upgrade.

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ajay Kajla <ajaykajla(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Facing issues with pgsql upgrade.
Date: 2022-04-17 16:55:24
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sun, Apr 17, 2022 at 8:53 AM Ajay Kajla <ajaykajla(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I'm facing the following issue while upgrading pgsql 9.6 to pgsql 13.
>
> It's saying database "template0" "template1" does not exist on source
> 9.6, please advise.

You might want to just forget doing a pg_upgrade migration and do a
pg_dumpall one instead. The missing template databases on the existing
cluster shouldn't be noticed.

You can decide how important missing the directories are to you, since that
shouldn't happen outside someone going in and "rm'ing" them.

David J.