Re: pgsql-function

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Rishi Ranjan <rishiranjan706(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: depesz(at)depesz(dot)com, "pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql-function
Date: 2015-04-14 17:28:13
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 10:20 AM, Rishi Ranjan <rishiranjan706(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> we are using version 9.4.
> 2) The result of above calculation i need to use in different calculation
> . means output of this calculation will let us to determine the value of
> some parameters of other equation like below
>
> y= ((y2-y1)/(x2-x1 ))x+ (y1- (y2-y1)/(x2-x1 ) x1 )
>
> where x1,y1,x2,y2 parameters are defined and whose value need to be picked
> based on value of x (being calculated from above scenario provided with
> sample data)

​So, is the real data likely to be as perfect as your sample data or do you
need something more robust?​ With the clean data using the lag window
function will readily solve your problem. But if you could guarantee this
clean of data I would probably have simply created two columns (and yes, I
do know what normalization is) for timestamps - one of which can be null:
the "second" one) and perform the query directly.

​David J.​