Re: DROP relation IF EXISTS Docs and Tests - Bug Fix

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
Cc: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: DROP relation IF EXISTS Docs and Tests - Bug Fix
Date: 2021-03-09 15:08:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tuesday, March 9, 2021, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net> wrote:

> Further, I think we should close this entry at the end of the CF if it
> does not attract committer interest. Tom is not in favor of the patch and
> it appears Alexander decided not to commit it.

Pavel re-reviewed it and was fine with ready-to-commit so that status seems
fine.

Frankly, I am hoping for a bit more constructive feedback and even
collaboration from a committer, specifically Tom, on this one given the
outstanding user complaints received on the topic, our disagreement
regarding fixing it (which motivates the patch to better document and add
tests), and professional courtesy given to a fellow consistent community
contributor.

So, no, making it just go away because one of the dozens of committers
can’t make time to try and make it work doesn’t sit well with me. If a
committer wants to actively reject the patch with an explanation then so be
it.

David J.