Document JSON primitive quoting and letter-case rules

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Document JSON primitive quoting and letter-case rules
Date: 2020-09-30 02:52:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

In Bug# 11636 [1] ChandraKumar complained that we documented fairly
explicitly how to write json boolean true and false but not json null.
While repeating the entire RFC in our docs isn't desirable its seems worth
considering making the comments on the existing table consistently cover
quoting and letter-case rules for the four primitive types shown. Thus the
attached.

David J.

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAHyU1EYRYCV8gELrBYm6V8E%2BToqf%3DKQe370bPt4yrE_Y1yDZ9w%40mail.gmail.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
v1-json-scalar-value-syntax-doc-tweak.patch application/x-patch 1.7 KB