Re: BUG #17173: Primary Key ignored resulting in duplicate values

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #17173: Primary Key ignored resulting in duplicate values
Date: 2021-09-01 13:33:25
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 4:44 AM PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
wrote:

> CONSTRAINT priceupdate_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id)
> USING INDEX TABLESPACE pgwlicsdb
>
> We have other tables that also have duplicates for primary key.
>
> Could you please provide feedback with regards to my query.

Remove the duplicates and then reindex the backing unique index.

If the duplicates are being created while running a supported version of
PostgreSQL, and they are all using the same tablespace, consider that it is
good odds whatever filesystem your tablespace is on may have issues. As
you don't seem to be using a supported version you should probably fix that
deficiency first though, and see whether new problematic records get
created in the future.

David J.