Event trigger code comment duplication

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Event trigger code comment duplication
Date: 2020-05-12 00:13:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Skimming through the code in event_trigger.c and noticed that while most of
the stanzas that reference IsUnderPostmaster refer back to the code comment
beginning on line 675 the block for table rewrite copied it in
verbatim starting at line 842. The currentEventTriggerState comment at
lines 730 and 861 seem to be the same too.

https://github.com/postgres/postgres/blob/60c90c16c1885bb9aa2047b66f958b865c5d397e/src/backend/commands/event_trigger.c#L675
https://github.com/postgres/postgres/blob/60c90c16c1885bb9aa2047b66f958b865c5d397e/src/backend/commands/event_trigger.c#L730

https://github.com/postgres/postgres/blob/60c90c16c1885bb9aa2047b66f958b865c5d397e/src/backend/commands/event_trigger.c#L842
https://github.com/postgres/postgres/blob/60c90c16c1885bb9aa2047b66f958b865c5d397e/src/backend/commands/event_trigger.c#L861

https://github.com/postgres/postgres/blob/4d1563717fb1860168a40b852e1d61a33ecdd62f/src/backend/commands/event_trigger.c#L785

I did also notice a difference with the test on line 861 compared to line
785 though I unable to evaluate whether the absence of a "rewriteList" is
expected (there is a "dropList" at 785 ...).

David J.