Re: configuration problems with Debian and derivates

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "msm(dot)scaglione(at)libero(dot)it" <msm(dot)scaglione(at)libero(dot)it>
Cc: "pgsql-novice(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: configuration problems with Debian and derivates
Date: 2020-07-28 15:47:00
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 8:16 AM msm(dot)scaglione(at)libero(dot)it <
msm(dot)scaglione(at)libero(dot)it> wrote:

> I installed postgres following instructions in the pragraph
> Included in distribution
>
> in
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/
>
> starts

So PostgreSQL itself is functioning correctly.

> but pgadminIII can't find local server

That is a third-party application which has been replaced with pgAdmin4.

You can probably solve the addressing problem by altering the configuration
of the server to match what pgAdmin* is trying to communicate with, whether
that be a the socket file or listening on a tcp/ip socket and connecting
via the same. That's a bit outside what I am able to provide help with at
this time though. But at least the server is running.

David J.