Re: RAM of Postgres Server

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Sachin Srivastava <ssr(dot)teleatlas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RAM of Postgres Server
Date: 2016-01-08 06:25:47
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 9:21 PM, Sachin Srivastava <ssr(dot)teleatlas(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Dear David G. and Gavin,
>
> Please find the details as below:
>

> * Q. What type of queries to be run on postgres database server? *
>
> All types. Databases will be general OLTP.
>
> *Q. Size of commonly accessed tables, indexes, ... ?*
>
> Various. Anywhere from a few MB to over 100GB.
>

> *Q. Database size for current and for future for all databases: *
>
> Various. Anywhere from 100 – 1000GB and always growing.
>

> *Q. Total Connection limit from the database through users and Application
> on daily basis for all the database:*
>
> Probably 4000+
>

> *Q. CPU Core: *
>
> Prod databases will have 32 cores of CPU and 128 GB of RAM.

​So, what's your question...? Given the broad brush generalities and
explicit references to multiple databases I have no clue what you expect
from this list - not that I was going to be of much help on the topic
anyway...

David J.