Re: Update to docs root pages and navigation

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Update to docs root pages and navigation
Date: 2020-11-23 16:18:41
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 9:08 AM Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 05:01:10PM +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > I'm also attaching a screenshot of the main docs page with the
> > changes, for those that can't easily test a website patch. (Nevermind
> > the actual versions listed, as this is off a dev version of the
> > database and not up to date)
>
> Yes, this makes a lot of sense.

+many

This is a larger complaint than this patch should resolve but I find that
having links to other resources only appear in the Quick Links sidebar
makes them very easy to overlook. Adding a small blurb informing the
reader of the existence of additional pages and pointing out the sidebar
would improve usability IMO. For the documentation page I'd add that blurb
between the button and the manuals section. The "What will you find here?"
on the Developers page is a good example.

David J.