Re: pg_dump problem with postgres user

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: ertan(dot)kucukoglu(at)1nar(dot)com(dot)tr
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump problem with postgres user
Date: 2023-02-12 15:37:20
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sun, Feb 12, 2023 at 7:22 AM <ertan(dot)kucukoglu(at)1nar(dot)com(dot)tr> wrote:

> I am using postgresql 14.6. PostgreSQL 15.1 is also installed in my system.
> I just recognize that my scheduled backups are failing.
>

> I am using postgres user for backup user and .pgpass file for no password
> prompt.

Given that you have "trust" in your pg_hba.conf this point seems immaterial.

> BTW, I thought postgres user has permission to read/write everything in all
> databases. Am I missing something obvious?

Run \du+ and see what all roles are presently installed in the system and
what their permissions are. I strongly suspect your server has been hacked
and you'll find roles there that don't belong, and the postgres role
stripped of its superuser status.

David J.