Re: How to stop script executions

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dev Kumkar <devdas(dot)kumkar(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to stop script executions
Date: 2016-07-26 13:05:13
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 8:53 AM, Dev Kumkar <devdas(dot)kumkar(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hello Experts,
>
> I want to have my postgreSQL database to only execute SQLs and avoid
> execution of perl and python script executions.
>
> Can you please suggest ways to achieve this?

The way to go about prohibiting their usage altogether is specific to your
installation method. But by default those languages are not installed into
newly created databases and only a superuser can "CREATE EXTENSION" so
without superuser intervention uses in the database will be unable to
create functions in those languages. If that is an insufficient level of
prevention you would have to somehow get your installation of PostgreSQL to
not include those core extensions. I'm pretty sure that during compilation
you ​can do this. For packaged distributions I do not know what all is
involved (i.e., what you have to choose to not install).

David J.