Re: death of array?

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Rob Sargent <robjsargent(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: death of array?
Date: 2017-04-07 16:02:29
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 8:57 AM, Rob Sargent <robjsargent(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Understood but true if any match is found, I need every array member to
> match as I want them all to be of a specific people as input into the query
> (so field = all(array_col)) and "field" here would be
> people_member.person_id and using that yields zero results in full query
> (very quickly though).

​I didn't actually attempt to comprehend your original email. If you want
to supply a self-contained, functioning, query and expected output (ideally
something simpler but that covers your main question) I'd be inclined to
dig further. Even a broken one with what you think should work would be

person = ALL(persons) doesn't really seem like it will typically work.

Here are the various array operators supplied by PostgreSQL. You might
find one of them helpful. In particular "contains".

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/functions-array.html

David J.