Re: If table have an inclusion with LIKE what happens to triggers?

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Göran Hasse <gorhas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: If table have an inclusion with LIKE what happens to triggers?
Date: 2017-12-13 19:57:12
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 11:21 AM, Göran Hasse <gorhas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Is there any way to inherit also
> the triggers from the common_field table?

​No

> Or must I place triggers on all tables?

​Yes​

​The docs cover what is able to be copied and triggers are not mentioned.

​​https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/sql-createtable.html

Mostly column-related things are copied, not table-related things (e.g.,
table comments, triggers, policies)

​I suspect its mostly a lack of need warranting the effort than any
fundamental design reason.​

​David J.