Re: BUG #14292: Error in installing the postgresql 9.3

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: kashyap(dot)nagendra(at)xerox(dot)com
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #14292: Error in installing the postgresql 9.3
Date: 2016-08-24 11:38:42
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 3:56 AM, <kashyap(dot)nagendra(at)xerox(dot)com> wrote:

The following wasn't a bug.

​[...]​

> if we can reconfigure the postgresql with zlib with out
> disturbing the existing system or should be reinstall the database?

​If installing zlib (or other optional packages) on the system constitutes
"disturbing the existing system" you are out-of-luck.

The lack of these packages shouldn't cause problems - otherwise they
wouldn't be optional.

Now that you've compiled the application you will need to re-compile and
re-install if you wish to take advantage of the additional capabilities.

David J.​