Re: Facing issue with cert authentication

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ed Sabol <edwardjsabol(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Dhirendra Singh <dhirendraks(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Facing issue with cert authentication
Date: 2022-12-22 23:23:36
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 4:19 PM Ed Sabol <edwardjsabol(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Dec 22, 2022, at 7:46 AM, Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>
> wrote:
> > That syntax is not supported by PostgreSQL, and I cannot think of a
> better
> > way than to create the role with an upper case "S".
>
> That sounds like the solution for Dhirendra. Is there some trick to doing
> that?
> Dhirendra said the username was converted to lowercase when he tried....

Actually, what they said at the end was:

"I can create the user with uppercase 'S' by double quoting the username.
but the script which creates the user will do the same for all users which
i do not want."

So the trick is already known here - use quoting.

Assuming all these IDs really begin with a capital letter S, Samed's
suggestion of having the pg_ident.conf file hard-code the lower-case s into
the resultant name (i.e., just copy over the numbers) is probably the
easiest solution.

David J.