Re: partition table insert error!

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: dbatoCloud Solution <dbatocloud17(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: partition table insert error!
Date: 2021-03-10 15:48:01
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Wed, Mar 10, 2021 at 8:27 AM dbatoCloud Solution <dbatocloud17(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
> I am getting the below after creating partition table by range wise while
> inserting job
>

> Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: duplicate key value
> violates unique constraint
> "contact_transaction_history_2_contact_transaction_id_recor_key4"

And what is your question? That's a fairly explicit and unambiguous error
message. Why do you believe that you shouldn't be getting that error given
the current state of your database and the insertion of that particular new
record?

David J.