Re: default paramater is off

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: minami(at)ageha(dot)co(dot)jp
Cc: "pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: default paramater is off
Date: 2017-05-11 17:02:56
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 12:55 AM, <minami(at)ageha(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/runtime-
> config-error-handling.html
>
> 18.14. Error Handling
> exit_on_error (boolean)
> If true, any error will terminate the current session. By default, this is
> set to false, so that only FATAL errors will terminate the session.
>
> It&#39;s default parameter is &#39;OFF&#39;
> not &#39;FALSE&#39;

​I suspect there are many other instances where the docs use "true/false"
to describe a boolean configuration variable while "show" displays
"on/off". restart_after_crash on this same page is one easy to find
example.

​Is there actual confusion here or is this a matter of being exact? false
== off when dealing with a boolean parameter as described at:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/config-setting.html#CONFIG-SETTING-NAMES-VALUES

David J.