Performance issues while running select sql query

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Performance issues while running select sql query
Date: 2018-04-29 06:10:37
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Saturday, April 28, 2018, Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am running postgresql db server 9.4.14 on AWS of C4.2xlarge instance
> type with 500 GB volume of volume type io1 with 25000 IOPS and I am
> seeing performance issues. The sql query response takes around *127713.413
> ms *time*.* Is there a way to find out the bottleneck?

I would suggest reading the following and providing some additional
details, in particular your table and/or view definitions. Specifically
I'd be looking for indexes on "serorgid", your apparent partitioning setup,
and your use of indexes in general.

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Slow_Query_Questions

You may also wish to attach the explain output as a text file.

David J.