Re: SELECTing from a function where i don't want the results

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Scott Ribe <scott_ribe(at)elevated-dev(dot)com>
Cc: Wells Oliver <wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com>, Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SELECTing from a function where i don't want the results
Date: 2020-07-08 01:28:46
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Tuesday, July 7, 2020, Scott Ribe <scott_ribe(at)elevated-dev(dot)com> wrote:

> > On Jul 7, 2020, at 7:14 PM, Wells Oliver <wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> >
> > Sorry guys, it works exactly the way I want, just wanted to suppress its
> output when called for thousands of rows. Apologies if I wasn't clear
> enough.
>
> It seems that it doesn't work the way you want, because it can output
> thousands of rows ;-)

You all may want to re-read the original post before commenting further.
I’m finding nothing particularly unusual about this setup. Sure, multiple
delete using commands or cascade delete may be a bit more performant if the
api described in the OP is sufficiently fast it is definitely the easiest
to program against.

David J.